Line chart; bar chart; pie chart
1. It is important for all towns and cities to have large public outdoor places like squares and parks. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think that the environmental problems are too big for individuals to solve. Others, however, believe that the problems cannot be solved if individuals do not take any actions. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
3. Some people believe that governments should do more to make citizens have a healthy diet, while others believe individuals must take the responsibility for their diets. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
4. Government funding should only be provided for the best students as scholarships and other funding of universities should come from student fees and private organizations. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Art classes, such as painting and drawing, are as important as other subjects to a child’s development, and they should be compulsory in high schools. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. Because of traffic and housing problems in the cities, the government encourages business to move to the rural areas. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
7. In some countries, a high proportion of criminal acts are committed by teenagers. Why does this happen? What can be done to deal with this?
8. In some countries, more and more adults are continuing to live with their parents even after they have completed education and found jobs. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
9. Some people think that robots are very important for humans’ future development. Others, however, think that robots are a dangerous invention that could have negative effects on society. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
10. Too much money has been spent on looking after and repairing old buildings. Therefore, we should knock down old buildings and build modern ones instead. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. Today, food travel thousands of miles from the farm to the consumers. Why is this? Is it a positive or negative trend?
12. The tendency of news reports in the media to focus more on problems and emergencies than on positive developments is harmful to individuals and the society as a whole. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
13. Some museums charge visitors for admission while others are free. What’s your opinion?
14. Some people believe that studying in a college or university is the best way for students to prepare for their future career. Others think they should leave schools as soon as possible to develop their career through work experience. What’s your opinion?
15. Some people say that it is a government’s responsibility to provide financial support to old people after they retire, while others think that individuals should save money for themselves. What is your opinion?
16. It is no longer necessary that animals should be slaughtered and made into either human foodstuffs and non-foodstuffs, such as fur and medicine. Do you agree or disagree?
17. It is suggested that young adults should undertake a period of unpaid work helping people in the community. Does it bring more benefits or drawbacks to the community and young people?
18. In the past, people used to travel to see the difference from their home country. However, most places around the world seem similar nowadays. What are the causes of these similarities? Do you think that the advantages of this similarity outweigh the disadvantages?
19. Some people think that increasing the number of sports facilities is the best way to improve public health, but others believe that it has little effect and we need other measures to improve it. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
20. Money for postgraduate research is limited. Therefore some people think financial support from governments should be only provided for scientific research rather than research for less useful subjects. Do you agree or disagree?
1. What’s your favourite type of weather?
2. Do you like rainy days?
3. How does the weather influence your life?
1. What kind of bird you may like to watch?
2. Do people in your country love to raise birds as pets?
1. What’s your favourite tree?
2. Do people in your country love the same tree?
1. How many languages do you speak?
2. Which languages would you like to learn?
3. How important is English to you?
1. Do you like painting?
2. Do you often visit art galleries?
3. What kind of things you may like to paint?
1. Can you dance？
2. What kind of dance is popular in china?
1. How important is concentration?
2. How to improve concentration?
1. Can you cook?
2. Do you think it is important to learn cooking?
1. Do you have a favourite or lucky number?
2. Are you good at math?
3. How do you remember numbers?
1. Do you prefer to travel by boat or ship?
2. How often you may go boating?
Who the person is
How do you know this person
What he/she achieved
How about your feelings of this person
A TV program you dislike
Where it is
How often you go there
Who you may go with
Why do you like it
Where it is
What you learned from the place
When you went to there
How you felt when you went there
Who you were with
How you celebrated this birthday
How you felt at this birthday celebration